Embedded Community Producers
If you’re creative, project-orientated with a passion for inclusivity in the arts, check out this brilliant opportunity to work for Coventry’s largest producing Theatre…
The Belgrade Theatre is the largest producing Theatre in Coventry, England’s 11th most populous city and the second largest conurbation in the Midlands, and acts as the city and sub-regions commercial and producing theatre. They create theatre because it enriches their community and can fundamentally change peoples’ lives for the better.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for two Embedded Community Producers to join the Belgrade Theatre to contribute towards a diverse programme of work for Coventry’s City of Culture year in 2021.
These two new full time fixed term positions will help to deepen the Theatre’s relationship with its communities while building a wider range of diverse audiences, creating work that reflects a more varied range of their communities’ experiences, challenging perceptions of the city and further embedding the Theatre as a key facilitator of change in the city. It is envisaged that one of these positions will have a producer focus on Youth with the other having a broader community remit.
- To work closely with the Creative Leads to develop a year-round programme of community inspired micro-events that also support the building of producing and curating skills in local communities;
- To inform and help to deliver the programme for 2021 across a range of work from Creative Leads and work for, by and with their communities that may be on their two stages or site specific, small or large scale
- To develop and prepare event proposals, event plans and other relevant documents in line with The Belgrade’s producing procedures and to then be part of producing and presenting these activities.
- To ensure that these plans take into account the needs of different communities or individuals participating to provide inspiring, safe and enjoyable creative experiences for a diverse city population
- Develop and manage budgets for the work, reporting regularly to the Creative Leads
- To negotiate fees and contracts for the work and issue those contracts in line with the Theatre’s contracting system
- To work with the Belgrade Production team to identify the appropriate internal/external technical production teams and the Creative Producer for the appropriate artist teams required for each activity
- Work closely with the Communications team to provide them with necessary programme / target audience information
- To communicate updated internal and external space requirements as necessary to ensure the Artifax event management system is kept up to date with programme activity.
- To work closely with the Click Spring and Audience Development Teams to identify, develop and maintain relationships with key communities and individuals across the city;
- To work across teams to disseminate their communication messages, to keep the community informed and engaged with the Theatre’s work and to elevate the Theatre’s local impact
- To listen to local feedback on the Theatre and work with the wider Theatre teams to create responses to local ideas, needs and barriers to engagement
- To work with Click Springs’s Creative Producer, the Communications Team, the City of Culture Digital Producer and community members to support the Belgrade’s Digital Plan and digital content development;
- To communicate information about the work internally with the Click Spring Team, the broader Theatre and externally to partners, funders, networks and other interested parties
- To work within and report against Project Budgets that have been agreed with the General Manager
- To work within the Theatre’s agreed finance and accountancy procedures
- To contribute to the Theatre’s fundraising operation, by drawing up outline project proposals for activity for which the ECP is responsible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience in developing and producing community projects, ideally in an arts context however they are open to considering equivalent, non-arts experience where the skills are transferable
- Experience and strong enthusiasm for working with diverse communities, with arts and culture from a diversity of communities, and with a varied range of art forms to realise ideas
- For the post working with Youth: experience and strong enthusiasm for working with young people
- Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the arts and connecting communities through creative activity
- Experience of pre-production research and development on arts, community or other equivalent projects
- Experience of putting together and managing project budgets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience of managing staff or volunteers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, flair and enthusiasm;
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change
- Excellent team worker, supporting the work of colleagues as well as inviting support and input in return.
- To be an effective champion of the value of live Theatre
- Willingness to embrace the Belgrade Brand Values. The Belgrade’s character is passionate (energetic), artistic (creative, inspiring, talented) and warm (honest, open and down to earth)
- Ability to work effectively within a team and to lead, manage and motivate artists, staff, participants and partners to achieve outstanding results
- For more information and to apply, visit the website here and download a job pack