Editorial Graduate Programme 2019
Incredible opportunity for a recent graduate with a passion for news reporting. One of Britain’s top broadsheet newspapers is offering the perfect role to begin a career in the journalism industry…
The Telegraph’s mission is to provide content that inspires people to have the perspective they want to progress in life. It delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day, across its digital and print properties as well as through leading digital partners.
They are recruiting graduates to be part of their brilliant team. They are seeking committed people who have a real passion for writing, revealing the truth, meeting people from all walks of life and telling their stories. You will need to enjoy deadlines and writing under pressure, as well as be a self-starter and flexible. And you should love telling stories in all the different formats available – print, online and video.
So many of their graduates have gone on to top jobs at the Telegraph, and they want that trend to continue. Their unique 2-year scheme will give you top-quality training with stints at the Press Association, leading regional news organisations, as well as the different sections of the Telegraph itself.
- If successful, you will be given a staff contract.
- The training includes:
- An eight-week course at the Press Association’s offices in Howden, Yorkshire
- Two three-month placements with a top regional newspaper in the UK and the Press Association’s newsroom in London
- Mentoring and on-the-job training at the Telegraph.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Degree level educated or post-graduate qualifications
- Experience in student, local or other news organisations
- That experience could show off story-telling skills in writing, video and/ or data
- A passion for journalism, adaptability, resilience, good judgment
- Shorthand preferable
- Please note that this scheme is not open to established professional journalists
- Please follow this link to apply