Editorial Assistant – SAGE Research Methods
Calling all publishing enthusiasts! If you’re pro-active with a passion for academia, apply now…
Founded in 1965, SAGE Publishing is a leading independent, academic and professional publisher of innovative, high-quality content. Known for their commitment to quality and innovation, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students across a broad range of subject areas. They are a world leader in across academic, educational, and professional markets.
SAGE are now looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their busy editorial team. This role will involve providing support to the Commissioning Editor and assisting with the team’s various day-to-day activities.
- Contribute to the commissioning of content for SAGE Research Methods modules
- Carry out desk research to assist the commissioning editor in the conduct of market research and product research, including collating names of potential authors and reviewers
- Manage the peer review process, or review films for video collections, to ensure high quality of content
- Undertake a range of administrative duties that support timely delivery of content to production, including processing payments, effective tracking individual pieces of content and contracting
- Provide strong author/editor care to ensure content is delivered/commissioned to agreed deadlines
- Collaborate with the content development, product management, marketing and production teams to ensure timely launch of each module.
- Contribute positively to departmental and cross departmental meetings and look for opportunities to improve workflows and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Well-organised and pro-active
- Interested in learning about digital academic publishing
- Confident communicator both in person and via email
- Proficient at using standard IT packages (e.g Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Graduate in any subject or able to demonstrate relevant experience
- Follow this link to apply
- Please note, when SAGE Publishing is recruiting for positions in the Editorial function it asks that candidates complete an application form via the applitrack link
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access