Hungry for a publishing opportunity? We’re definitely not playing games with this brilliant editorial role at the heart of the world’s largest children’s books publisher. Keep reading…
Scholastic is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, and in the UK is home to authors and illustrators including Philip Pullman, Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler, Roddy Doyle and Liz Pichon, and series including The Hunger Games, Horrible Histories and Captain Underpants.
They are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join their London team as an Editorial Assistant. The ideal candidate will have a love for publishing, particularly for children’s books as well as an enthusiastic attitude and ability to juggle multiple tasks at once. If this sounds like you, they would love to hear from you.
- Assist and support the fiction and picture book team, administratively and editorially
- Ensure the lists are delivered on time and to the highest of standards
- Ensure the department is run as smoothly and efficiently as possible
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Highly organised individual
- Able to efficiently and effectively deal with a broad range of tasks
- Educated to degree level
- Must be able to display strong writing skills
- An eye for detail
- An ability to work with a broad spectrum of people
- Send your CV and cover letter to this email quoting the job reference 33.19
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website