Editorial and Marketing Assistant
Fantastic opportunity for a marketing-savvy individual to join a dynamic organisation which sits at the heart of literature and writer development in the UK…
The Literary Consultancy’s (TLC) mission is to provide professional, in-depth, market-informed editorial advice to people writing at any level through its manuscript assessment service, online mentoring scheme, events, original workshops and debates.
They are looking for an Editorial and Marketing Services Assistant, who understands the literary landscape, to join their small but dedicated team and provide administrative support to the company across its core editorial services and marketing strategy.
You will be working directly with TLC writers and readers, act as the first port of call for general enquiries, and manage essential data collection across their services and for their Arts Council-funded Free Reads bursary scheme for low-income and marginalised writers.
- Editorial services administration and author care: processing of manuscript assessments (digital and postal), telephone and email enquiries from writers, reader team liaison, and payments and invoices
- Data entry and management: entering data into their manuscript assessment and mentoring database to keep track of all TLC jobs across services; some basic financial reporting
- Marketing support: working with the Editorial Services Manager to support TLC’s marketing plan
- Posting regular updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the potential to take creative initiative with these platforms, advertising database support, and relevant marketing research tasks
- ACE support: supporting ongoing administration and monitoring including data collection and evaluation for their Arts Council-funded Free Read scheme
- Supporting the Manager and Director with relevant evaluation processes for ACE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven administrative experience in an arts environment
- Proficiency in all Office software, particularly Excel, and in using social media
- An active interest in the publishing, self-publishing and related industries
- Good working knowledge of database software
- A good eye for proofreading and the ability to write effective marketing copy if required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Previous experience working directly with writers is desirable
- An understanding of arts funding and grant application processes would be beneficial
- Experience in marketing/communications is preferred
- Knowledge of InDesign would be beneficial
- Follow this link to apply