Digital Assistant – Grazia Online
Calling all Journalism graduates! We have the perfect role for a lifestyle, fashion and beauty obsessed creative, who’s an expert in all things SEO, Google Analytics and social media, to join the team of this popular lifestyle magazine…
Grazia continues to be the only weekly magazine within the market to offer a breadth of need-to-know news, whether in the world of celebrity, fashion, beauty or culture, throughout their reader’s week, every week. As Britain’s first glossy magazine, it is filled with addicting agenda-setting fashion, thought-provoking features and beauty and lifestyle updates.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic and passionate journalist to join the Grazia online team as a digital assistant. The right candidate will be a highly organised recent graduate with a passion for creating content across all platforms, a proven ability as a writer and a strong understanding of SEO best practice and how to write and optimise content for search. Their ideal candidate is someone who is brimming with energy and ideas (from current affairs, entertainment and culture to fashion and beauty) and is willing to go above and beyond to support the team and help them create the best content to engage with their audiences across all their platforms.
- Attend conference daily and pitch engaging and original online news stories for the Grazia audience on a day-to-day basis across all channels
- Create brand-friendly content (features, news and galleries) that are fully optimised for search on a daily and weekly basis
- Work closely with the digital director and audience development team to develop and execute a search strategy that delivers consistent traffic from brand-friendly content
- Track the progress of relevant search keywords and update and optimise existing content accordingly to ensure they rank on page one for as many as possible
- Obsessively track viral trends and stories on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, and help create content around those trends
- Work closely with their social media editor to find inventive new ways to share their content on social media – not just on Grazia’s own platforms but with internal and external brand partners, too
- Track performance of content through content analytics and identify new ways of reaching a new audience and engaging with an existing audience
- Selecting visuals to accompany each story that is on-brand and in keeping with the Grazia look and feel
- Support the rest of the digital team editorially where required, with a particular focus on search optimisation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A recent journalism graduate (2016-2018) or comparable and relevant work experience gained in the media industry
- Enthusiastic knowledge of Grazia and specifically a keen interest in lifestyle, fashion, beauty and current affairs and how to produce content around these areas that speaks specifically to The Grazia audience
- Deep understanding of the Grazia audience and what makes her tick
- Enthusiastic about learning new ways of working, including new tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms including Instagram Stories, Instagram Live, Facebook Live and Twitter
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- A strong visual eye and ability to select pictures that are in keeping with the brand’s identity
- If you think this is you please send your CV along with the below tasks to here
- What are the five key subjects you think their audience cares about the most right now?
- If you had to pick 5 news stories from the last week to cover for Grazia online, what would they be? Write a head and a sell for each to demonstrate how you’d cover in them in a way that felt distinctly ‘Grazia.’
- A brief description of 3 longer-lead features you’d want to write for Grazia online.