Customer Insight Projects Assistant (Academic)
Do you have strong market research skills and a keen eye for analysing industry trends? Know how to tap into those key customer insights? If so, the world’s oldest publishing house could have the perfect internship opportunity for you…
Cambridge University Press (CUP) dates from 1534 and is part of the University of Cambridge. Their mission is to unlock people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions. Playing a leading role in today’s global market place, they have over 50 offices around the globe, and they distribute their products to nearly every country in the world.
They are looking for a Customer Insight Projects Assistant who will work with the Brand and Customer Insights team within the Academic Marketing division on projects to help understand changing customer needs.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Customer insights team on projects including the communication and application of key customer personas to the wider CUP team, as well key customer and market research projects and analysing and understanding industry trends. They will develop research and problem solving skills as well as digital literacy.
This is the perfect opportunity to gain an understanding of the Academic landscape, including the changing priorities and pain points of authors, researchers, students, lecturers, librarians and society partners.
PLEASE NOTE* Free accommodation will be provided as part of this internship
- Help CUP with their online customer insight panels on key tasks
- Reporting to and supporting the Customer Insights Manager
- Undertaking market research and report back findings to the group
- Producing summaries of industry trends and competitor offerings in key areas
- Helping with the wider communication and application of customer personas across the academic business
- Working on the customer insights panels to analyse data and identify key themes and actionable outcomes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Strong research and analytical skills
- An ability to translate research findings into concise and convincing project features and benefits
- Comfortable with working with qualitative and quantitative data and drawing conclusions from it
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in speaking to internal and external stakeholders
- A desire to learn more about the academic market and the needs of CUP’s customers
- Sound project management skills
- An ability to prioritise important tasks within a busy and varied workload
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be considered)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly