Corporate Membership Manager
Are you interested in fundraising and development? Know how to attract new business in this area? Have a passion for theatre? If it’s a yes to all three then keep reading…
The Development Department is the fundraising function of the National Theatre. Its aim is to raise voluntary funds for the theatre from individuals, corporations and charitable trusts and foundations to enable the Theatre to carry out its mission and plan for the future.
This department is looking for a Corporate Membership Manager to join them and provide excellent customer service to all the NT’s corporate members.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of membership schemes, in-kind partnerships and stakeholder management with an ambitious approach to bringing in new business alongside exemplary relationship building and customer service skills.
If you have a strong grounding in account management as well as an interest in and enthusiasm for new business, they would love to hear from you.
- Acting as account manager for all corporate members, developing excellent relationships with day-to-day contacts in order to maximise use of membership benefits
- Account managing a portfolio of in-kind partnerships, overseeing on-boarding and ultimate benefit delivery
- Supporting and implementing the strategic plan for finding new members’ and in-kind partnerships through research, proposal writing, meetings, networking at corporate member and cultivation events, and liaison with the NT’s senior board of corporate volunteers
- Working with the Corporate Development Administrator to act as the ticket hotline for corporate members’ and to book and deliver tickets as required
- Administering benefit usage of member accounts, ensuring they are kept up to date
- Working as a team and reporting to the Senior Corporate Development Manager, meeting on a weekly basis to ensure financial strength, good communication and seamless customer service
- Building strong and cooperative relations with the box office team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven success in account management and new business in a target driven environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of customer service values
- Confident and resilient at dealing with people at all levels with excellent communication skills
- An understanding of marketing/fundraising/business with good networking skills
- Excellent administrative and multi-tasking skills with a confident, tenacious outlook and can-do attitude
- An enterprising approach to corporate fundraising
- An aptitude for working with finance with thorough attention to detail
- A team player with a positive attitude in carrying out all departmental duties.
- Understanding and appreciation of the corporate sector and a passion for the arts
- The ability to carry out sound research
- Knowledge of fundraising database Tessitura or similar
- An interest in theatre
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)