Are you a lover of literature? Super organised with and excellent eye for detail? If so, this opportunity with a leading publishing house sure is a turn up for the books!
Hachette is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. The Contracts Department works across all trade divisions of Hachette UK for the imprints of Orion, Hodder & Stoughton, Headline, John Murray, Quercus and Little, Brown as well as Hachette Children’s and Octopus Publishing.
They are looking for a Contracts Assistant to work primarily with the Octopus Legal Manager in its busy Group Contracts Department. The successful candidate will be able to provide administrative support, have great computer skills, be flexible and have an exceptional eye for detail. So, if you have an interest in contract administration and a desire to progress with a renowned publishing house, they would love to hear from you!
- Provide administrative support to line manager(s)
- Support other team members as required
- Enter and update details in their databases and contracts log
- Check that final contracts are scanned and archived
- Respond to internal and external contract queries
- Responsible for certain contractual paperwork e.g. addenda, reversions, intercompany paperwork, subsidiary rights contracts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Good administrative and computer skills
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint are essential
- A knowledge of Biblio would be an advantage
- Very organised, able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Flexible and have an exceptional eye for detail
- You will need to balance a busy and varied workload
- Be a collaborative team player who wants to develop and learn
- Experience of working in a busy office environment would be advantageous
- You may have an interest in or knowledge of contracts, copyright, rights and licensing in publishing or other media
- Follow this link to apply