Take your first step towards a career in the arts with this brilliant entry level role where you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of creative projects…
Fevered Sleep’s mission is to make intelligent, provocative and distinctive art for adults and children, through processes of research, collaboration, participation and experimentation, in forms as diverse as performance, installation, film, books and digital art. Their work appears in a wide range of places and contexts, across the UK and beyond.
They are looking for a Company Assistant to join them for six months, working with the General Manager, supporting general company administration, communications and undertaking any other tasks to help the delivery of artistic projects.
You will be supporting the team delivering a range of different exciting international projects from Fevered Sleep’s warm and inviting office in Shoreditch Town Hall. They are looking for someone reliable, pro-active and well-organised, who is eager to learn and enthusiastic about working in arts administration. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working across the various different areas of work in a small but busy arts organisation. Please note this is a three-day per week role.
- Assist with tour coordination, compiling schedules and booking travel/accommodation
- Providing the first point of contact for the company to phone calls, emails and other incoming enquiries
- Help out at events and performances when necessary, acting as a representative of Fevered Sleep
- Attend and contribute to company meetings (take minutes of these meetings as necessary and circulate to all staff)
- Create digital content and update social media – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Organise publicity materials, including Mailchimp
- Update and maintain the Fevered Sleep website and company database
- Digital design work including image editing and signage production
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- An enthusiasm for film and live performance
- A genuine enthusiasm for and interest in Fevered Sleep’s work
- Diligence, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive approach to work with good time management, sense of initiative and a desire to get the job done
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of literacy and numeracy
- Competent in office software (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Indesign
- Follow this link to apply