Communications Trainee Scheme
Calling all TV lovers! If you have a flair for communications and want to work for one of the UK’s leading broadcasters, you’ve come to the right place…
BBC Communications tells the BBC’s story to audiences across the UK and the world. They highlight the fantastic programmes and content on BBC TV, radio and online, and defend the organisation’s corporate reputation when necessary. They speak to journalists, members of the public, and key influencers in British culture, so they know what the BBC is doing and why.
They are looking for four bright, creative and enthusiastic trainees to work in their communications team for a year. With no two days the same, you will be joining a team that works at the centre of the BBC in an exciting, high-profile environment.
You do not need any previous communications work experience – while you are there you’ll take part in a year-long training programme alongside your day-to-day duties, and you’ll be assigned your own mentor. You do need to show them that you’re hard-working, have lots of potential, and love the BBC.
- You will work in a variety of different teams within the communications profession, spending a couple of months with each one; responsibilities will vary;
- You could find yourself assisting with the launch of the latest season of Strictly;
- Fielding journalists’ questions on the latest corporate issues;
- Helping out at events like Radio 1’s Big Weekend or;
- Supporting teams working on publicity campaigns for new TV and radio programmes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- An interest in developing a career in Communications/PR or similar
- Good writing skills and a firm command of the rules of grammar
- Any copy writing experience would be advantageous
- A natural communicator, able to present your ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, to colleagues of all levels
- Excellent and proven creativity – the ability to think laterally and outside the box
- A hunger to constantly try new ideas and approaches will be integral to this role
- Good IT skills: familiarity with appropriate office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- An understanding of and demonstrable interest in social media
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website