Are you ready to use the power of communications to help solve the environmental problems of tomorrow? Then this six-month internship with an international, environmental non-profit is exactly what you’ve been waiting for…
The Climate Group is an international not-for-profit organisation with a mission to accelerate ambitious climate action. They bring together networks of businesses and state and regional governments to shift global markets and policies. They act as a catalyst for scale-able climate solutions in sectors such as energy, transport and the built environment, using the power of communications to maximise impact and reach. Their priority is to focus on the greatest global opportunities for change. Founded in 2003, The Climate Group is headquartered in London with offices in New Delhi and New York.
The Climate Group is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join their international comms team for a six-month paid internship. The successful candidate will help support their international communications plans, focused on promoting their work on renewables, electric vehicles, government climate action and international summits.
With a passion for storytelling, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help progress their approach on media, content and outreach on social media to lift their international profile, engagement, brand and influence. This wide-ranging internship will sit within the corporate communications section of the team, which covers media, content, design, digital and social media for The Climate Group. The opportunity would suit someone looking to kick start their career in a fast-paced, integrated communications team.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Communications and content planning across channels
- Direct outreach to media to help build relationships and sell in their stories.
- Social media content development and engagement
- Managing internal and external stakeholders in relation to communications initiatives (e.g. internal programme leads, sponsors, etc)
- Developing and drafting communications collateral, such as press releases, briefing documents, newsletters
- Contributing to monthly media and social media monitoring to communicate their successes to the organisation
- Stay abreast of external news to help contribute to communications planning
- Helping to keep their website up to date
- Create content for and manage their social media accounts e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Being flexible and providing support to the team wherever necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A passion for communications
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised
- Strong command of the English language with a flair for copywriting
- Confidence when dealing with all manner of telephone and email enquiries
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task under deadline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The Climate Group will accept applicants with a range of degree backgrounds
- However, degrees and experience which have involved delivering quality written work, an understanding of communications, or of political or business/economic agendas, and analysing issues would be of advantage
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly