Do you have a passion for film and TV? Are you enthusiastic about the arts, drama, theatre and actors? Check out this casting assistant position in the film and TV industry…
Jina Jay Casting is looking for a new member of the team. Jina Jay is a film & TV casting director whose recent credits include ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’, ‘Black Mirror’ and ‘Bird Box’.
They are a busy office casting projects for film & TV and looking for someone quick and high functioning who can potentially deal with a lot of responsibility. The Casting Assistant role is open to candidates from film/TV production, a digital publication, or literary agency etc. Genuine passion for film, TV and the Arts, any strand – could be spoken word or music etc. is required. They are based Twickenham Studios TW1 2AW, which is at the end of the District line or a national rail train from London Waterloo Station.
- Actor research, checking actor availabilities and liaising with agents
- Maintaining databases and lists
- Office admin, diary management and ensuring smooth-running of the office
- Answering phones, redirecting calls and taking messages
- Organising & running casting sessions
- Taping and editing audition footage
- Reading scripts and completing script breakdowns
- Creating and sharing social media content
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Skilled articulate verbal communicator
- Efficient multi-tasker with good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent Mac computer skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Enthusiasm for theatre, actors and acting
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and discretion
- No experience is necessary but must be fast learner
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th January 2020. Email subject header should be ‘YOUR NAME / CASTING ASSISTANT’. Any emails without this format may be missed.
- Start date: February 2020
- In your application, please state that you heard about this role through Creative Access