Campaign Planning and Selections Analyst
Do you have an analytical mind? Data-savvy with a desire to work in campaign planning? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you…
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. They are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK and are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
They are looking for a Campaign Planning and Selections Analyst to join their team. Working within a team of 4, your key responsibility will be the development and delivery of Direct Marketing data, Customer Research data, Offer Fulfilment data, and campaign reporting.
The ultimate objective for the team is be a proactive and commercially focused function, responsible for all aspects of Marketing Customer Relationship Management (CRM). This includes data management, data planning, campaign planning, execution, campaign measurement, and test/pilot campaign analysis.
- Work in close consultation with campaign managers to agree Direct Marketing campaign structure, target volumes and delivery timelines on a monthly, weekly and ad hoc basis
- Develop and execute informed data plans to ensure campaign targeting is optimal and is continuously being challenged by deploying a test and learn approach to continuous campaign improvement
- Support the Marketing strategic planning process with analysis, estimates and scenario testing
- Support the Customer Research team with list production for use in research surveys
- Develop efficient and robust campaign selections processes that deliver campaign lists to time and agreed specifications
- Where required, support marketing and the wider business through the timely provision of robust data extracts for customer research, third parties and strategic partners, fulfilment of offers and urgent customer communications
- Liaise closely with external agencies and providers (data brokers and providers, print houses and agencies) to ensure that data is received to time and to requirements, managing changes to time and requirements with resolution of issues as they arise
- Ensure zero errors in campaign list production through owning robust quality assurance processes and gaining business approver sign-off
- Support the team in building a single reporting suite, measuring all direct customer marketing activity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A confident SAS user, with solid experience of coding using SAS Base, and SAS Macro
- Open to learning new technical skills
- Flexible with the skills you develop, and willing to adapt the skills you apply as DLG move through their transformation journey
- Full training will be provided where necessary
- Drive, enthusiastic and proactive
- Able to work logically and have an excellent attention to detail
- Commercially focused – must be able to work at a high-level, able to see the bigger picture, establish how the team contributes to this and has the ability to improve it
- Articulate – You will be working with people of different levels of commercial acumen and technical knowledge and so you will need to be able confidently tailor your communications to the audience