Excellent role for an experienced fundraiser with an interest in driving impactful campaigns, to join the team of this award-winning museum.
The Museum of London is a charitable institution that tells the story of the world’s greatest city and its people. With sites in central London, Docklands and Hackney, they aim to inform the public about how the Capital has transformed over the years from its first settlers to modern times.
They’re launching their biggest ever fundraising campaign for a New Museum at an extraordinary site in West Smithfield, and the fundraising team will be at the very heart of making this project happen. £180m has already been secured, and they will raise £70m in philanthropic fundraising to make the project a success.
They’re looking for a Campaign Manager to help shape and implement a development operations strategy to support the successful delivery of the museum’s campaign. You’ll work with the Assistant Director (Campaign Delivery) to shape and implement a development operations strategy to support the successful delivery of the museum’s £70m campaign. The placeholder will also be required to oversee the effective office management and administration of the Development and Communications team.
This is a brilliant role for quick learning, with the ability to work independently as well as a team. So if you’re a confident communicator with strong administrative tasks, this is the perfect role for you.
- Manage senior volunteers and their campaign budget
- Developing a project plan for the team
- Line-manage the Office Manager
- Provide oversight for the office management and operational elements of the campaign
- Work closely across a number of teams
- Help deliver creative communications
- Produce data driven reports
- Lisase with senior managers
- Have lead responsibility for managing the campaign’s senior volunteer programme
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to optimise operational effectiveness
- Work with colleagues across the museum to produce a range of materials in order to demonstrate the impact of the museum, the campaign, and philanthropic support
- Regularly review, improve and develop new campaign operations systems to contribute to efficient, effective campaign management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience of managing complex projects or events, from inception to delivery, to reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Financial skills including knowledge of budget management
- Self-motivated and confident, with initiative and able to work well within a team
- A friendly, motivated and enthusiastic approach to work
- Highly organised and able to prioritise and manage workload among multiple conflicting deadlines and with multiple instructions
- Experience of working with staff at Director and senior management level
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- The ability and demonstrable experience in presenting complex information in clear and concise reports
- A passion for London and enthusiasm for the work of the Museum of London
- Experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience of line managing or supervising people
- Experience of using Raiser’s Edge or similar database
- Please follow this link to apply