Do you want to have your say in the World’s environmental crisis? Then join this international non-profit for six months and make a change that will last a lifetime
The Climate Group is an international not-for-profit organisation with a mission to accelerate ambitious climate action. They bring together networks of businesses and state and regional governments to shift global markets and policies. The Climate Group act as a catalyst for scale-able climate solutions in sectors such as energy, transport and the built environment, using the power of communications to maximise their impact and reach. Their priority is to focus on the greatest global opportunities for change. Founded in 2003, The Climate Group is headquartered in London with offices in New Delhi and New York.
The team at the Climate Group are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to play a part in solving humanity’s greatest global challenge working across campaigns and communications. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work on initiatives aimed at transforming energy, transport and building systems. The internship will involve a variety of learning opportunities, including stakeholder engagement, research and analysis, event planning and delivery, communications, administration and effective time management.
This six-month paid internship in The Climate Group’s Business Actions team will focus on supporting the recruitment of large corporates for their business action campaigns (concerning renewable power, electric mobility and energy productivity) and assisting with associated communications.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Identifying potential members of TCG’s business action campaigns
- Carrying out desk research to map their activities against key recruitment criteria
- Supporting campaign webinars, including managing the invitation process and writing up key findings/messages from the events
- Supporting broader member communications, including compiling newsletters, collating example ‘business cases for action’ from their members
- Use of CRM systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Strong interest in current affairs, including politics and the environment
- Core research and writing skills
- Any undergraduate qualification or 2-3 years’ work experience
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly