Broadcast Journalist Trainee – BBC World Service
Brilliant 12-month opportunity for budding news junkies to gain hands on experience at a national and international level with the iconic BBC World Service.
The Newsroom team is offering an exceptional and unique opportunity to train as a Broadcast Journalist within their expert team. Working with the joint Domestic and World Service Radio Newsroom, in collaboration with Radio 4 sequence programmes, the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to gain varied experience across domestic and World Service digital output.
This traineeship will deliver on-the-job training to allow candidates to hit the ground running and ensure successful candidates are in a position to compete for jobs in the Radio Newsroom at the end of their role.
The successful candidate will spend three months in each of the following departments:
- The World Service’s Newsroom Programme
- The World at One and PM R4 sequence programmes
- The Global News Podcast, R4 1800 podcast and other digital duties
- World Service and domestic bulletins and summaries
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to help in developing, pitching and producing stories for broadcast across a range of platforms
- How to assist the daily News running across a range of platforms
- Experience in researching contributors, experts, locations and ideas
- How to assist each role within the newsroom
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience in journalism
- Work experience in newspapers or radio
- A passion for international and domestic news and current affairs
- Strong command for the English Language, both written and spoken
- A good broadcasting voice
- The ability to work in a 24 hour news environment, working unsociable hours during days, nights and weekends
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly