BAME Traineeship 2019
New to the publishing industry? Check out how you can get your foot in the door with this exceptional traineeship…
HarperCollins publishes prize–winners and international giants, rising stars and home-grown heroes, chart toppers and cult favourites, and many of the world’s most trusted education and reference brands – all for adults and children alike.
For the fourth year running, they are looking to provide a traineeship opportunity for a young person from a BAME background. You will undertake a twelve-month rotational traineeship around the business in London, with a choice to develop in a wide range of teams from publicity, marketing, editorial, production, strategy, audio and communications.
They will help with coaching and development by giving you a senior mentor, projects to collaboratively work on, training (on the job, digitally and in workshops) to develop your true potential and support from around the business.
You will also get the opportunity to take part in experience days at the London Book Fair and take a trip to their Glasgow office, to name a few. At the end of the scheme you will know a lot about publishing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Potential and enthusiasm to learn
- A creative mind
- An eagerness to throw yourself into all areas of their business
- A passion for storytelling in all its all forms
- An ability to build great relationships and work within a team
- An eye for detail
- Lastly, A BIG bookshelf (or a lot of space on your mobile) you’ll need it!
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website
- The link to apply via HarperCollins will remain open until 2nd June 2019