Assistant – Film/TV Department
Are you looking for a brilliant opportunity to learn about the agency world? Apply now to join a top agency and their exciting Film and TV department…
Aitken Alexander Associates is a well-established, top literary agency negotiating deals and representing writers/managing careers throughout the UK, America and internationally. Alongside their main business of representing book writers (including Bernardine Evaristo, Mark Haddon, Pat Barker, Max Porter, Daisy Johnson, Megan Hunter, Willy Vlautin, Diana Evans and Oyinkan Braithwaite). They also run an established Film and TV department with over a hundred projects in development, and various feature film and TV productions due for release or production this year. They handle book to screen deals and screenwriting, alongside factual TV and presenters.
Aitken Alexander Associates are looking for an assistant to their director of the Film/TV department and MD of the company who also operates as a literary agent. This is a brilliant opportunity to gain a full understanding of the way the company operates their main literary business and its film and television department.
- Provide administrative support including invoicing, data-input and diary-organisation
- Liaise with writers, publishers and producers
- There will be opportunity to develop editorial and agenting skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous training in reading and negotiating publishing contracts and/or film and TV contracts (both screen rights and screenwriting) is helpful
- Ability to work in a small company based with a collegial environment
- The right candidate should see this opportunity as a chance to learn how to be an agent
- Send your CV and cover letter to this email, addressed to Lesley Thorne
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access