Assistant Editor – Non-Fiction
Love the world of non-fiction? Want to see it digital? Then bring your editorial experience to this exciting opportunity…
Hodder & Stoughton, part of Hachette, is a market-leading publisher with bestselling and prize-winning authors including John Connolly, Mike Gayle, John Grisham, Stephen King, Andrew Miller, David Mitchell, David Nicholls, and Jodi Picoult, as well as market-leading non-fiction from a wide range of authors including Deliciously Ella, Michael Caine and Sir Alex Ferguson.
They are looking to create a new business, alongside Hodder, to cater for the huge appetite for stories in the widest variety of formats – from pure digital eBooks to audiobooks, podcasts and new forms of storytelling as well as conventional print formats. They are building an exciting new team with digital and audio experience from inside and outside the book industry.
They are seeking a highly motivated assistant editor to work on non-fiction and ideas-based commissions in the brand-new, yet to be named unit of the Hodder & Stoughton division, reporting to the editorial director.For someone who can spot commercial projects and help writers bring their books to new audiences, this is a perfect opportunity.
Managing titles from manuscript to print and ebook publication:
- Liaising with authors and agents
- Checking copy-edits, proofreads and ebook conversions
- Assisting with cover briefs, cover copy and picture research
- Communicating with art and production teams
- Developing book ideas alongside the editorial director
Providing editorial support by:
- Creating and maintaining up-to-date keywords, sales points and metadata
- Writing copy for online listings and catalogues
- Reading submissions from agents
- Helping to launch titles internally with the wider Hachette team: liaising with Sales, Marketing and Publicity
- Working on social media accounts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- At least one year’s editorial experience
- A keen interest in the rapidly changing media landscape and the opportunities it presents to book publishers
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to stick to schedules and to work on several projects simultaneously and have the ability to communicate clearly
- Please apply via this link
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access