Apprenticeship Programme 2019
Are you looking for an exciting, hi-octane working environment within the world’s most prestigious auction house? Are you looking for a role that not only pays a competitive salary, but allows you the opportunity to gain valuable work experience as well as studying for a relevant qualification? Then look no further, an Apprenticeship with Christie’s is the right role for you…
Christie’s is a world-renowned auction house where art is the centre of everything they do. They believe that the access to beautiful and special objects is an important part of people’s personal and cultural life. Founded in 18th Century London, today Christie’s is a global art business, with salesrooms located in major cultural cities around the world and a digital platform that invites an expanding network of people to participate in what they do – and to enjoy the art.
They are seeking bright, dynamic individuals looking for their first career move to join their Apprenticeship Programme in August 2019. Their Apprentices support and engage with different parts of the organisation, working together with the wider business to ensure the seamless day-to-day running of the World’s leading Auction House.
Their Apprenticeship Programme needs people focused on adding value to the organisation by bringing fresh ideas, showing a positive attitude, interacting effectively and working collaboratively across the business to resolve issues and improve process.
They can offer you the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by industry experts during your time at Christie’s.
What you will be doing:
- Using systems, processes and technology to ensure daily tasks are completed efficiently
- Supporting the wider company, understanding your role and responsibilities and the impact of your actions on others
- You will be aware of overall business activities and be able to communicate relevant information effectively
- Engaging with various areas of Christie’s by listening and responding in a way that builds rapport and trust, responds to customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery
- Organising yourself, prioritising and working to meet deadlines
- Managing expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt your working style to be highly sufficient
What you will be learning:
- Gaining a qualification relevant to your job role
- How to operate in a corporate environment
- How to leverage systems to improve efficiency
- How to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Honing your ability to manage time effectively and work under pressure
- All about the art world!
They have Apprenticeship opportunities in the following areas of their business:
- Art Handling
- Specialist Art Departments
**Please note, this programme is aimed at candidates who have not pursued higher education; graduate candidates will not be considered**
- Follow this link to apply