Looking to develop your career in arts management with an internationally renowned theatre company? This is an ideal next step for an experienced administrator seeking an exciting new role…
Frantic Assembly creates thrilling, energetic and unforgettable theatre. Led by founding Artistic Director Scott Graham the company attracts new and young audiences with work that reflects contemporary culture. Their collaborative work with the UK’s leading artists produces vivid and dynamic original works for the stage. With a unique physical style, the company has built a reputation as one of the most exciting companies in the country.
They’re searching for a talented individual, passionate about working in the arts to join their team as Administrator. As their Artistic and Participation activity grows across the UK and internationally, they are looking for someone to provide administrative support for their ambitious programme.
The successful applicant will join their motivated and busy office as an integral member of the team. The role of Administrator is the glue that helps hold their team together and on a practical level keeps their busy office running smoothly. The role would suit someone who is highly organised and proactive in their approach to a varied workload, and can demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- To be responsible for day-to-day finance including raising and processing weekly invoices and making payment as required
- Banking cheques and any cash as required
- Data entry of sales and purchase ledgers using QuickBooks software (training provided)
- Reconciling the bank accounts weekly
- Monthly reporting on financial activities to the General Manager
- Support the General Manager with the preparation of end of year financial reports and submissions
- To have day-to-day responsibility for website and social media updates for the company
- Reporting on the stats for social media across all platforms
- To support marketing where appropriate, including collating material for current show programmes and updating the website
- To create and distribute E-Newsletters to the Frantic Assembly mailing lists; to keep lists clean and up to date; to innovate ways to expand the reach of their direct communications
- To organise and maintain print and media archives
- To monitor the Frantic Assembly online shop, updating the web page, taking inventories and ordering merchandise as required; coordinating and sending any purchases to customers
- Assisting with the development of Frantic Assembly SharePoint, expanding the platform to incorporate a group for Frantic Practitioners
- To support the creation and roll out of a marketing schedule, considering all activities across the organisation, including Production updates, Learn and Train announcements and any events.
- Create and maintain guestlists for all events, assisting with the coordination of tickets to Frantic Assembly shows and events
- Assisting with company travel/accommodation bookings for touring productions
- Assisting with the coordination of auditions; booking space/distribution of scripts etc.
- Tracking audience stats, collating information required for reporting to the Arts Council in line with their NPO status
- Collating and recording audience feedback and evaluation forms
- To maintain and develop office systems, ordering all office supplies and consumables
- To provide day-to-day maintenance of Frantic Assembly’s IT network liaising with out-of-house IT support where necessary
- To support in the development and maintenance of information systems to record, monitor and track data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Excellent administrative skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience of basic bookkeeping and data entry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A proactive, motivated working style with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Proven ability to prioritise a varied workload, balance competing demands and meet deadlines
- Ability and interest in developing and maintaining robust administrative systems
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- A keen interest in ensuring the office runs smoothly; being prepared to jump in and assist with a wide range of requirements
- A collaborative approach to working in a small, busy team.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience of working with SharePoint
- Understanding or experience of developing SharePoint sites or intranet
- Experience of basic website management and using a variety of digital and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Quickbooks software
- Experience of working as part of a small team, preferably within an arts or charitable organisation
- An interest in Frantic Assembly, contemporary theatre and dance