Development Trainee – Video Editing
VIDEO CREATORS! Join this fabulous, dynamic London company and immerse yourself into the world of unscripted, hit TV shows…
Entertainment One enables every step in the entertainment value chain from development and production to marketing and distribution. With the reach of a studio and the flexibility of indie, they share bold stories with audiences around the world.
The Development Trainee (Video Editing) will join their vibrant development team helping them to create the next generation of hit unscripted TV shows.
The primary duty will be to edit sizzle and taster tapes for new programme ideas to be used as pitching and sales materials, sourcing footage and music. A passion for TV, online content and video editing and great creative instincts will be key.
This is a perfect role for a self-starting creative who wants to start a career in the post-production industry learning all aspects of editing within a small, experienced TV Development team.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Editing and scripting short video ‘sizzle’ and ‘taster’ reels for programme pitches
- Sourcing video material online to feature in them
- Choosing and sourcing great music to feature in them
- Contributing creatively to Development brainstorms, run-throughs and pilots
- Learning how to quickly produce and edit quality video presentations to an industry-wide standard
- Receiving daily editorial and creative insight from industry leaders
- Learning how to work both individually and in a team
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Gaining an overview of the whole unscripted television production business
- Building a foundation to pursue a career in post-production, production and development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- An existing passion for edit entertaining video sequences, this doesn’t need to be professionally or part of an academic programme but great if it is. Maybe you just enjoy cutting things for fun and sharing with friends or posting on YouTube, they are looking for creatives with a passion for making video content that entertains
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro an advantage but will consider any experience in editing software e.g. Moviemaker, iMovie or similar
- Experience of widely-used design and presentation software e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop an advantage but not essential as can be taught on the job
- Good knowledge and interest in popular culture and video content in all its forms, TV, online, film
- No academic requirements although qualifications or experience in video production and or post-production might be advantageous
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (addressed to Creative Access). Please note, applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly