|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/08/2020 - 10:00|
Youth Community Manager
Are you passionate about theatre and youth work? If so, this opportunity could be yours...
Kiln Theatre views the world through a variety of lenses, bringing unheard voices into the mainstream. They present high-quality and innovative work, which provokes debate and emotionally engages. Located in Brent, the most culturally diverse borough in London, they are a local venue with an international vision.
Kiln Theatre is looking to recruit a dynamic Youth and Community Manager to develop and deliver its youth and community work as part of the wider Creative Engagement programme. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a central role within Kiln Theatre’s Creative Engagement team with the chance to grow and make the role your own. The Youth and Community Manager role requires a creative and well-organised individual to produce, plan, develop and manage Kiln Theatre’s community engagement projects and existing Young Companies.
- Deliver, to a consistently high standard, Kiln Theatre’s existing programme of work for young people, and develop the programme as appropriate, in order to achieve agreed outcomes
- Recruit and manage teams of diverse and inclusive practitioners, facilitators and creative teams to deliver projects
- Manage a wide-reaching recruitment process for participants, which reflects the local community and oversee their retention
- Lead on supporting the wellbeing of young people and participants during the projects in sessions and in between sessions
- Plan and deliver the Young Company performances; producing performances by all Kiln Theatre’s Young Companies, collaborating with other departments as required
- Manage the Community Engagement strand of work which includes a series of masterclasses and talks programmed with the Head of Creative Engagement
- Work in collaboration with a range of community-based organisations to promote the work of the department and ensure the work is representative of the locality
- Support Creative Engagement Administrator to create office systems to ensure thorough planning and tracking of projects, and that the department’s administration runs smoothly
- Manage an allocated budget, monitoring expenditure, helping to account for the spending of grants and funding received and undertaking financial reports monthly
- Ensure all projects are effectively evaluated, both in terms of quality and impact
- Help create a positive, open and responsive working environment and cultural ethos that is conducive to the development of work of the highest standards of artistic, educational and professional endeavour
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years management experience in professional arts organisation, preferably within a producing theatre or performing arts venue and within a youth theatre or community context
- Knowledge of a broad network of practitioners, artists and community/youth sector groups, and an ability to recruit and bring together well-matched creative teams
- A creative mind with the ability to generate innovative ideas for projects
- Experience of working with young people who may have complex lives
- Skilled in facilitating workshops and sessions, including with young people and/or community
- Knowledge and understanding of the current climate and policy in relation to youth arts and education settings
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the theatre-making process including artistic, technical/production and marketing processes
- An understanding and vision of how participatory activities can provide positive benefits for young people and older people with different needs and abilities
- Deep commitment to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of creative engagement and to the proactive improvement of the theatre sector in terms of representation and antiracism
- Experience of nurturing participants’ artistic voice and embedding participants’ strategic voice within projects and beyond
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.