|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
6 months initial |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||27/10/2021 - 17:00|
Would you love the opportunity to support the marketing and outreach for this non-profit dedicated to creating a space for young people's thoughts on global issues? Explore the job description below...
WriteUnite is a non-profit on a mission to ensure young people across the globe can express their thoughts and feelings, and be heard. They work with young people around the world to gather their thoughts and feelings about global issues and then publish them for the world to see.
WriteUnite are looking for a creative Communications Assistant to join them. You will be supporting the full range of their marketing and outreach efforts, helping them amplify the voices of young people around the world. You will also have the opportunity to take responsibility for key marketing areas including implementing the social media strategy.
This role will initially be a part-time, six-month contract for 2 days per week with flexible hours and remote working.
- Develop, create and curate engaging content (written, video and photo/illustrative as required).
- Research into ideas and content.
- Maintain a content calendar and implement posting and scheduling for social media platforms, adapting content to suit different channels and audiences.
- Facilitate the online community by responding to messages, enquiries and comments, and encouraging engagement.
- Establish and monitor basic metrics to track ongoing communications impact.
- Support the publication and launch campaigns of WriteUnite's next project.
- Help with other marketing and publicity duties as needed.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Interest and expertise in online marketing strategies and social media platforms.
- Proficiency with Canva and/or Photoshop.
- Commitment to, or experience of, working in youth development.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.