|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||University of the West of England|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||13/04/2021 - 23:59|
Senior Lecturer in Media Production
Do you have experience with teaching as well as in the field of media production, communications and digital storytelling? Then look no further than this excellent role...
UWE Bristol are a well-established university, with over 30,000 students, 250,000 alumni and 3,600 staff. UWE Bristol is one of the largest providers of Higher Education in the South West. They are globally connected and regionally embedded, with strong employer and partner connections.
UWE Bristol is recruiting a Senior Lecturer in Media Production to join their team. Working in the Media Production and Journalism cluster of the School of Creative and Cultural Industries, as well as the Media Communications cluster, this post will focus on teaching and supporting students on BA (Hons) Media Production and its pathways, and BA (Hons) Media Communications and its pathways.
- Deliver high quality teaching and facilitation at a range of levels using a variety of resources, technologies and innovative approaches to inspire and motivate student learning across a range of modules or within a subject cluster area
- Engage in research and scholarly and/or practice activity that results in high quality outputs such as academic publications, authorship of articles, chapters, reports, textbooks, performances, conference presentations, or exhibiting at external events
- Develop networks and partnership working for mutually beneficial knowledge exchange, practice and innovation sharing
- Engage in and contribute to the full range of department projects and activities such as recruitment and admissions, open days, degree shows, induction, marketing, external exhibitions, schools and colleges outreach and liaison
- Other responsibilities where necessary per the full nature of the role within 'Learning and Teaching', Research, Scholarship and/or Practice', 'Knowledge Exchange and External Engagement' and 'Academic Citizenship'
Knowledge, skills, experience
- An experienced teacher/lecturer, accustomed to highly collaborative teaching
- In-depth practical experience in the field of media production, communications and digital storytelling
- Applicants should hold a PhD within the broad field of media production or hold equivalent professional experience and be able to relate the key aspects of current media production to teaching contexts
- The successful applicant would also be expected to be research active and, at this level of appointment, would make a significant contribution to the teaching activities of the School and Faculty
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.