|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/08/2021 - 19:00|
Engagement Coordinator, The Margins Project
Are you determined to truly make a difference, working with an arts and community hub in the heart of Islington? Read the details for this role and apply today.
Union Chapel is a vibrant hub of activity, home to a rich community where people come to revel, to worship, to listen to wonderful music, to volunteer and to find help when they need it most.
The Margins Project offers a range of services to support people facing homelessness, risk of homelessness and crisis in Islington. These services aim to help people in their hour of need and with their long-term recovery, based at Union Chapel.
The Engagement Coordinator is integral to coordinating direct access services supporting people in crisis, to engaging the wider community experiencing challenging times, and to working closely with the Supported Employment Programme and other community programmes in Union Chapel.
This role is for 22.5 hours per week, including evening during night shelter operations and some weekend work.
- To coordinate the direct access and engagement services (including crisis drop-in services, night shelter and community drop-in activities)
- To coordinate volunteers, staff and guests engaged in these services to ensure smooth running and efficient delivery.
- To ensure guests are aware of various in-house programmes and facilities as well as encourage them to access these services
- To work with Margins Manager to inform the CEO and UCM board review the strategic service delivery, including community outreach activities
- In liaison with Margins Manager to ensure direct access to services are best meeting service users’ needs and are developing in line with the external changing climate (benefits, services, immigration regulations), engage in methods of evaluation of services – observation, consultation and research
- Line-manage and rota the volunteers
- Oversee the Volunteer Programme for the direct access service, and support the review and improvement of the Volunteer Programme across Union Chapel
- Where appropriate and delegated, act as an ambassador for Margins and Union Chapel to ensure community involvement, positive cooperation with local organisations and Islington Council
- Coordinate embed and improved monitoring and data collection methods with guests, to help grow insight into who Union Chapel are supporting and how they can improve.
- Work with Margins Manager to ensure that project expenditure is to budget and plans
- Support the Margins Manager in the development and implementation of organisational policies, and procedures
- This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive; a more detailed breakdown will be available when applying
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience of working with people with lived experience or at risk of homelessness, people experiencing isolation or oppression, along with an understanding of the issues that face them
- Experience of coordinating direct access and outreach community services in a team setting within the homelessness sector or other civil society settings
- Experience (and if possible, qualifications) around providing advice, guidance and pastoral care to people in crisis and people entering employment/training
- Understanding of (and ideally experience of) the importance of arts and creativity in transforming lives
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers and overseeing volunteer programmes for the whole community
- Experience of working in close partnership with other services, groups and organisations
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in IT skills
- A willingness to work flexibly and develop the role to best meet the needs and changes of the organisation and its communities
- Committed to personal and professional development
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.