|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Flexible length of service |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/10/2020 - 17:00|
Are you committed to furthering arts and education in the UK? Would you like to make your voice heard? This opportunity may be the perfect one for you...
Nottingham Contemporary is one of the UK's leading and largest centres for contemporary art and a registered art and education charity. Since opening in 2009, they have welcomed two million people and presented more than 60 exhibitions of international art. Each year around 25,000 adults, young people and children take part in their free learning programmes.
Nottingham Contemporary are looking for two new trustees to join their Board. They are seeking people who can contribute to their ongoing work towards racial justice and in tackling inequalities, as well as the delivery of their mission to be a world-leading place for shaping and imagining the future of art, education and ideas.
- Trustees will be normally expected to prepare for and take part in 4-5 Board meetings per year; each year, one of these is an awayday and lasts 4-5 hours
- Meetings are typically held for three hours each at Nottingham Contemporary, with one held in London or elsewhere. Trustees will be able to attend virtually, via Skype or Zoom
- Preparation will entail 1-2 hours of reading and considering written reports on progress against strategic goals and finances
- Help develop key pieces of work - for example, their renewed anti-racism commitments and their work with young people
- Connecting to key members of staff or taking part in other meetings to support Nottingham Contemporary's goals, including attending additional events or seasonal exhibition openings (three per year)
Knowledge, skills, experience
- An interest in contributing to the arts and Nottingham Contemporary
- Ambition to assist with their ongoing work in tackling inequalities and ensuring arts and education are taught in the city and beyond
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.