|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||16/08/2020 - 17:00|
Join this charity that is creating opportunities for people to create, engage and express...
Riverside Trust is a charity which was formed with the sole purpose of administering the famous dynamic cultural venue Riverside Studios, the dynamic West London cultural venue on the banks of the River Thames overlooking the iconic Hammersmith Bridge. Their new building by the Thames is an intersection of theatre, film, music, dance, comedy, art, enterprise, events, innovative technology and social hospitality.
Riverside Trust is seeking additional trustees to oversee the artistic, charitable and financial success of the organisation. The Trustees are both Members and Directors of the company and Trustees of the charity. The post of Trustee is a part-time, voluntary, non-executive appointment. The average minimum commitment is about one day per month.
- Provide support and guidance to the Executive Team respecting a clear distinction between the non-executive role of Trustees and that of the Executive
- Ensure the management of Riverside Studios and its procedures are effective and appropriate in order to safeguard sound financial performance, management of risk and compliance with relevant legal and stakeholder requirements
- Ensure the Board’s decisions are implemented in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure Riverside Studios upholds the highest standards of integrity and probity and aspires to the highest standards in all its dealings
- Play a leadership role to help Riverside Studios achieve its ambitious fundraising targets by facilitating and supporting relationships with potential funders
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of Riverside Trust
- Approve Riverside Trust’s programme of activities, being satisfied that policy and other agreed priorities, as well as financial projections, are met
- Monitor and evaluate artistic activities, generally through the Artistic Programming sub-committee
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A commitment to Riverside Trust and enthusiasm for its work
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a Trustee
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to deal openly with staff and Board Members whether pleased or displeased about an issue
- The ability to work as a member of a team, a willingness to state personal convictions, be tolerant of the views of others and, equally, to accept a majority decision
- A respected member of the community with good networks
- Commitment to support fundraising activities and well-networked and willing to introduce potential supports to Riverside Studios
- Passionate about performing arts and a commitment to the vision to harness the opportunities of digital technology to engage current and new audiences in innovative and exciting ways
- Empathy with the history, culture and social ethos of Riverside Studios both as a national and local organisation
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.