|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||28/09/2020 - 23:00|
Trainee Multimedia Live News Reporter
Calling all Journalism enthusiasts! Are you creative, curious and looking to tell a great story? Look no further than this opportunity...
EssexLive is the largest and most-read digital news platform in the country. The team is obsessed with first-class digital storytelling, be that a long-form investigative feature, a story shouting from the rooftops about how great Essex is, a Facebook Live or running a live blog from the scene of the latest breaking story.
ReachPLC have created Reach Boost, a fully funded training scheme that will pay for an aspiring journalist to join the EssexLive team. You will be passionate about Essex and work with the team to produce digital storytelling and coverage of live news.
What you will learn
- You will have the opportunity to provide live coverage of breaking news
- You will build strong contacts for story-gathering in our existing and under served communities
- With training and support, you will be comfortable interviewing, taking pictures and filming when out on the job
- You will love all things social media and use these skills to build audiences and communities, ensuring content is shared on social platforms
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will be creative, curious, and have an interest in journalism
- You will understand social media and storytelling across social platforms
- We want you to be passionate about the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- You will have at least 5 GCSE's grade C or above including Maths and English
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.