|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Location:||London (remote currently)|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||03/11/2020 - 23:59|
|Start date:||December 2020 onwards|
Trainee Editorial Assistant, Pan Non-Fiction & Mantle
New publishing internship! If you’re passionate about books and want to learn from a stellar editorial team, apply today…
Pan Macmillan UK is one of the largest general book publishers in the UK, with imprints including Macmillan, Mantle, Pan, Picador, Bluebird, Macmillan Children's Books and Macmillan Digital Audio. Pan Macmillan is part of the worldwide Macmillan Publishers International Ltd.
Pan Macmillan is looking for a Trainee Editorial Assistant to work across their Pan Non-Fiction imprint, which explores a wide spectrum of popular narrative subjects across almost every genre, and their Mantle imprint, which focuses on publishing high-quality writing and brilliant storytelling with a broad appeal. As part of this traineeship, you will learn to provide admin support for the Pan Macmillan Adult Non-Fiction and Mantle editorial teams.
What You Will Learn
- Support the Pan Publishers and Editors in all aspects of the editorial process.
- Keep their main database, Biblio, up to date with all key information and run reports as required. Also assist editors with Biblio record-keeping, costings for new title acquisitions and metadata maintenance for Title Information sheets and catalogues.
- Work with editors and relevant departments to ensure titles remain on critical path on the route to publication, understanding the timings required and the tasks needed to do so.
- Code and process editorial and production invoices/chase late payments so that suppliers and authors are paid on time.
- Order copies of published titles for authors and agents/file copies for the editorial department.
- Liaise with authors and agents, alongside the editors, to answer queries, supply sales figures, send covers, advance material etc.
- Liaise with all departments, Sales, Comms, Art etc. on all matters regarding titles published by Pan. Answer queries, supply advance material, and share information.
- Write and circulate editorial and author/imprint specific minutes.
- Liaise with Communications team in the production of catalogue material.
- Help with simple editorial tasks as support to editors, e.g. second reads of cover copy, engaging freelancer paperwork, chasing permissions for picture usage, proof mailouts.
- Carry out any other duties that are commensurate with the scope of the role.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Passionate about books
- Keen to learn
- A forensic eye for detail
- Confident manner
- Time management
- Can-do attitude
- Excellent administration skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications, in particular, Word
- Positive, communicative, and outgoing personality
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Likes working as part of a team and is prepared to contribute ideas
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, applications are final
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.