|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Stage Media Company Limited|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||23/09/2021 - 17:00|
Customer Services Assistant
Are you comfortable in customer-facing roles, with the strong IT skills needed to find solutions for the customers of two leading industry news brands? Explore the role below.
The Stage Media Company Limited is a long-established media business based in London Bridge, serving the performing arts and book publishing industries through two distinct brands: The Stage and The Bookseller.
The Stage Media Company Ltd is seeking a Customer Service Assistant to join its marketing team. As a Customer Service Assistant, you will be reporting to the Customer Service Manager and assisting with various administrative and customer facing duties.
- Deal with inbound subscription customer enquiries via phone, email and social media within 48 hours of receipt. This includes taking new orders, handling renewals, resolving/reporting technical issues, resolving delivery/access problems and cancellations
- Provide a fantastic customer experience and effectively resolve all queries from subscribers. Upsell where possible and rescue potential cancellations.
- Input with ideas about how to improve customer experiences
- Work with third party providers to provide the best service e.g. to resolve delivery problems or website/app access queries
- Fulfil single copy orders and process replacement deliveries where necessary
- Contact and renew subscribers with subscriptions due to lapse
- Reconcile all new orders against payment systems and run continuous payment processes
- Contact failed payments to retake payment details, and contact cancellations for feedback and rescue offers
- Work closely with the Customer Services Manager to maximise quality and efficiency of data on the subscription and marketing databases
- Assist in the transition to a new CRM platform
- Assist with data clean up, maintenance and quality control including imports, deletions, and cleansing
- Keep up to date with relevant data protection regulations
- Continual learning through reading relevant customer service publications and other training resources
- Keep abreast of both publications’ published material
- Knowledge share on best practice
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Logical, flexible approach to problem solving
- Able to communicate complex ideas clearly in a professional and warm manner
- Able to work independently but also as part of a wider team
- Displays initiative, proactivity, self-confidence and drives actions forward
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to take ownership of issues until a resolution is found
- Willingness to participate in continual learning and motivate others to learn
- Previous customer service experience providing an exceptional service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of computer literacy: PC, databases, email and internet, word processing and spreadsheets
- Previous experience within a role involving telesales responsibilities
- Relevant experience of maintaining a database
- Experience of working in the publishing industry
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.