|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||30/07/2021 - 17:00|
Would you like to develop your comms skills with a leading centre for contemporary dance development? Apply today through Creative Access...
The Place, London’s creative powerhouse for dance development, has been leading the way in dance training, creation and performance for over 50 years. In a changing landscape, our mission for the future remains steadfast: we are powering imagination through dance, championing new ideas, embracing risks and creating optimal conditions for dance artists and enthusiasts to realise their full potential. The Place is involved in the entire lifecycle of dance – from education and training to the creative process that leads to new ideas and conception of new work, through to its creation, production and performance.
The Place are looking for a Communications Trainee to join them on a 12-month paid placement, where you'll have the unique opportunity to join and support their Communications Team of eight.
- Maintain and monitor The Place’s social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Produce performance programme notes (for all performances in the theatre)
- Build web pages for events including Classes & Course terms in liaison with the Classes & Courses Team
- Maintain The Place’s print and programme archives
- Maintain The Place’s print stores via stock taking and recycling
- Upload events to listing sites and look for new opportunities for distribution
- Support The Place’s many enterprises, e.g. Classes and Courses, with particular focus on the holiday courses, the Theatre and Artist Development programme and London Contemporary Dance School recruitment
- Contribute to campaign planning, identifying goals and opportunities
- Produce print and online marketing materials (collating information, copywriting, liaising with designers and printers, generating in-house promotional material, proof reading)
- Assist the Marketing Manager in planning and booking the distribution of publicity material through email campaigns, social media and bulk distribution
- Assist in the research, planning, development and implementation of marketing, PR and communications activity
- You may be required to work occasional evenings or weekends, time off in lieu will be given
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Understanding of the role of marketing and PR work
- Confident user of computers and applications including MS Office
- Excellent communicator, both person-to-person and in writing
- Experience of using a range of social media services
- Enthusiasm for contemporary dance
- Commitment to developing a career in arts and/or higher education marketing and communications
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised and motivated, able to work to deadlines
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.