|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||08/08/2021 - 17:00|
Centre for Advanced Training Trainee
Are you passionate about supporting the training of young dancers? Explore this unique traineeship and apply today.
The Place, London’s creative powerhouse for dance development, has been leading the way in dance training, creation and performance for over 50 years. The Place’s Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) is part of a national intensive dance programme for 11-18 year olds who display exceptional potential and passion for dance. The Centre is one of a national network of centres created to improve the training of young dancers between the ages of 11-18. This scheme was set up by the Department for Education in 2004 and is managed by the Music and Dance Scheme (MDS).
The Place are seeking a Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) Trainee. All work undertaken by the Trainee during the Placement Period will be purely for the purpose of allowing the Trainee to gain experience. This will include working alongside employees on particular tasks in order to learn.
What you'll be doing...
- Provide a first point of contact for incoming programme enquiries with the support of the CAT Team
- Support the CAT Team on programme delivery days and performance events
- Work with the ballet and contemporary teacher on Tuesday midweek classes as a teaching assistant
- Be a point of contact for teaching assistants, in relation to time-off, scheduling, training and cover
- Assist in coordinating student recruitment, CAT Auditions, open days and outreach projects
- Report any serious pastoral and/or safeguarding concerns to management or a safeguarding officer in line with The Place’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Log and report to the CAT Programme Manager any concerns highlighted by the CAT Physical Therapy team following student screenings
- Make chaperone arrangements for staff and young people/adults at risk as required for off-site activity
- Help to create, maintain and update relevant databases (for instance attendance and monitoring data) for the organisation and funding bodies e.g. class registers, the CAT database and equal opportunities data, maintaining confidentiality in line with GDPR and Data Protection Regulations 2018
- Draft copy for and assist in the promotion and marketing of CAT Programmes through The Place website, social and print media, in line with The Place and national CAT guidelines
- Record class content for social media
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Knowledge of the dance sector and/or dance education/organisations
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal skills, telephone manner and writing skills
- Excellent administrative skills with strong attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office) and knowledge of social media
- Experience of working/interacting with children and their families
- Interest in developing a career in dance education/administration
- Commitment to high levels of customer care especially in busy and/or high-pressured situations
- Able to work well in a team and to take own initiative
- Commitment to own professional development
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.