|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Modern House|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||09/12/2021 - 17:00|
Are you a multi-skilled video creator, with experience in directing, shooting and editing film for clients?
The Modern House is an estate agency that helps people live in more thoughtful and beautiful ways. Inspired by the principles of modernism, they represent design-led homes across the UK which celebrate light, space and a truth to materials.
The Modern House is looking for an ambitious and forward-thinking Lead Filmmaker to drive the next stage of the brand’s film development.
All of the agency's film work is currently outsourced to freelancers, so this is a newly created role for someone who can learn The Modern House’s approach to film and help to develop it further.
The job involves lots of travel throughout London and the UK as a whole, often at short notice, so it will suit someone who is very organised, energetic and open-minded. Access to a car and a driving licence is essential.
Reporting to: Head of Editorial & Brand
- Create high-quality, evergreen film content on themes related to architecture, design, interiors and modern living
- Edit film in a range of formats and for various platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, and shorter format
- Develop ideas for new formats and keep up-to-date with developments in film trends and content
- Record and edit audio for The Modern House podcast
- The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the Lead Filmmaker may be required to undertake other additional tasks
Knowledge, skills, experience
- A creative thinker with a skill for creating films in a way that is both engaging for the audience and serves wider commercial objectives
- Be comfortable with conducting interviews, building relationships and representing the brand
- The successful candidate will have experience directing, shooting and editing film for commercial and editorial clients
- Experience ideating concepts and developing treatments is also essential
- As this is a client-facing role, you will be able to present yourself well and embody the values of The Modern House brand
- Be a team player, while being able to work in an independent and self-sufficient manner
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.