|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||30/06/2021 - 17:00|
|Start date:||19th July onwards|
Junior Editorial Assistant
Calling all ambitious Editorial Assistants! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to intern for FT's multi-award winning luxury lifestyle magazine…
The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Their strength is in their employees, from all different backgrounds and walks of life, united by a passion for delivering compelling, smart journalism fuelled by cutting edge technology.
How To Spend It is looking for a motivated Junior Editorial Assistant to assist with fact-checking, social media, office admin and the day-to-day running of the magazine. There will also be ample opportunity for pitching and writing articles for print and online.
The team currently publishes 36 Saturday magazines a year as well as original weekly online content. They’re looking for someone with a love of the topics covered by the magazine; who is a proficient multi-tasker; has a keen eye for detail; and who will throw themselves into all levels of production, with enthusiasm.
What you will learn
- To fact-check regular columns, short features and web stories
- To manage How To Spend It’s Facebook and Twitter accounts - including scheduling posts created by their editorial team and monitoring online conversations and overall social media performance
- To process contributor invoices
- To take ownership of magazine admin, including sending PDFs to contributors, monitoring HowTo Spend It’s telephone line, managing department post and recording the most popular stories
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A degree-level qualification or equivalent
- Previous exposure to an editorial features department gained through work experience, an internship or equivalent
- Organised and efficient
- Confident and happy to get stuck into a range of tasks
- An exemplary eye for detail
- A proven interest in topics covered by How To Spend It
- Demonstrable social media expertise
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.