|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||08/10/2021 - 17:00|
Commercial Special Projects Editor
Do you have a keen interest in what makes The Evening Standard's continued commercial success possible? Don't miss this upcoming senior-level role!
The Evening Standard is the UK’s largest quality daily and online newspaper, with one of the fastest growing audiences in the UK. They provide brands and marketers with an unparalleled gateway to London's high-value audiences through digital, print, social and events. ES Magazine, Homes and Property and ecommerce platform ES Best are all market leading in their fields, and add to the compelling Evening Standard portfolio.
You will help clients tell their brand story or create contextual content for their brand messaging. You will do this by commissioning and editing content that represents all the key content verticals across print, digital and social media platforms. Evening Standard strives to create content that engages and excites and they believe that all content should be first and foremost interesting and inviting to the reader. You will bring that vision to life.
- Commission commercial native features and advertorials for all platforms
- Edit and rewrite copy for digital, print and social media channels
- Work across key Evening Standard lifestyle content verticals – including fashion, beauty, food, fitness, health
- Attend brainstorm, idea workshops and put forward ideas
- Build an influencer network: bloggers and celebrities that can be commissioned as contributors
- Liaise with and manage freelancers, when required
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and bring fresh thinking to the business
- Run photo and video shoots as required
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign and CMS platforms
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms
- Good under pressure and able to work quickly and accurately
- Good commercial acumen
- Good team player
- Good communicator
- Experience of photo and video shoots would be an advantage
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.