|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Usborne Books at Home|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/08/2020 - 23:59|
Technical Delivery Manager
Do you have a software development background and a passion for children's books? If so, this opportunity could be yours...
For almost 40 years, Usborne Books at Home has supported a community of Independent Usborne Organisers across the UK and Europe to create and build businesses around their wonderful, award-winning children's books.
Usborne are looking for a Technical Delivery Manager to analyse, plan, develop and deliver requirements and standards in reference to scheduled and future IT and logistics projects. They will manage a variety of in-house and outward-focused IT and logistics milestones, coordinating with external partners as well as key stakeholders across Usborne using an Agile software development approach wherever possible.
- Facilitate the necessary business change management required to complement the implementation of new software solutions across the company
- Champion an Agile delivery approach for all software development projects
- Work with external partners to ensure projects and integration meet specified requirements
- Oversee the placement and testing of security/integrity and backup procedures, as well as routine maintenance
- Test and propose modifications to systems to ensure that that they operate reliably
- Work with partners to ensure secure network access for all users
- Recommend and oversee the installation of appropriate hardware and software
- Champion data protection and information security and support the assurance and compliance of necessary controls
- Evaluate (in an ongoing capacity) the functionality of existing IT and logistics systems in order to make recommendations and propose/oversee schedules for change/improvement
- Manage IT budgets
- Facilitate user training, support, advice and feedback where appropriate
- Keep up to date with new technology
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level, with a proven technical background in software development and delivery
- Qualified Agile (or equivalent) practitioner who can demonstrate a good appreciation for the software development life cycle and has delivered a significant number of complex projects with numerous data integrations
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and the coordination of project collaborators and stakeholders
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.