|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Taylor & Francis Group|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||04/03/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns as well as an understanding of the open access market within academic publishing? Then apply to this brilliant role...
Taylor & Francis Group is an international company originating in England that publishes books and academic journals. Taylor & Francis partners with world-class authors, from leading scientists and researchers to scholars and professionals operating at the top of their fields. Together, they publish in all areas of the Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine sectors. They are one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, eBooks, textbooks and reference works.
Taylor & Francis Group is recruiting a Marketing Executive to join their Journals Authors & Researchers marketing team, focusing on their Medical open access titles. The aim of this role is to acquire high quality open access submissions to their portfolio of journals. This role will be based from home in the UK but will require occasional travel to their Milton Park offices in Oxfordshire.
- You will understand the motivations and desires of researchers and use these insights to craft attractive messages that explain the advantages of Taylor & Francis' publishing services
- Help develop the journal business and work in a multifaceted team focused on delivering a superior author experience and on growing revenues
- Develop and share in-depth knowledge of author needs and motivations towards publishing
- Work closely with colleagues in sales, editorial, and production to develop author-centred academic publishing services
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in a marketing environment, understanding of the role of marketing, and proven track record of goal-achievement in evidence-based marketing campaigns
- Understanding of the open access market within academic publishing; including the competitive environment, potential partner organizations and market trends
- The ability to conduct customer research and to focus on what matters for the customer; to apply market change
- The ability to work within a geographically spread and multifunctional team
- Excellent communication skills across a range of written and oral media
- Excellent time management skills meeting deadlines
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.