|Salary or training bursary:|
6 Months with possibility to extend for a further 12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||24/01/2021 - 23:59|
Strategy Intern - Training Contract
Do you want to make real-world change? Are you inspired by organisations like Greenpeace, Cancer Research UK and Amnesty International? Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity…
Forward Action is a digital mobilisation agency for progressive causes. They help their partner organisations reach new supporters, then mobilise them to become activists and donors. They have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping their partners add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Forward Action is now recruiting for their exciting Strategy Internship. As a Strategy Intern, you will learn the fundamental skills needed to help progressive organisations drive real-world change using digital mobilisation.
This is initially a six-month training contract, with the freedom to work both their London office and remotely anywhere in the UK (although during the pandemic, almost all of their team are working at home). You can work either four or five days per week.
This role will be a training contract with a pro-rata salary of £20,938 in London or £18,979 outside of London. Because under a training contract you don’t have to pay income tax or national insurance contributions, this means your take-home pay will be equivalent to a salary of £25,261 in London or £22,554 outside of London, in a non-training role.
What you will learn
The core focus of your learning in this role will be
- The principles of mobilisation, understanding what drives people to take action
- How to collect data about the performance of email campaigns, Facebook ads and web pages
- How to create and update spreadsheets to clearly report campaign performance data
- Analysing and understanding data, and how to be data-driven in decision making
- How to set up and manage a Facebook ads campaign
- How to build mass-mailer emails
You’ll also receive training on
- How to plan a fair A/B experiment
- How to write good, action-focused copy
- The principles behind good user experience that make action pages convert
- How an agency’s new business funnel works, and how to structure a proposal
And you’ll get the experience of
- Working with a variety of inspiring progressive organisations
- Joining strategy and new business meetings with partner organisations
- Brainstorming ideas for campaign framings
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An enquiring and analytical mind
- Comfortable using data and evidence to draw logical conclusions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for using the internet to help build a fairer, more progressive world
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.