|Industry:||Government & Policy|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Fixed term contract for the period Keir Starmer is Leader of the Labour Party and Leader of the Official Opposition |
|Company:||The Labour Party|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/10/2020 - 23:00|
Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Do you have an understanding of how to devise and implement a stakeholder strategy? As well as good interpersonal and communication skills? Take a look at this brilliant opportunity...
The Labour Party is about people. It was formed to give ordinary people a voice and has sought power in order to improve their lives. Proud of their history and its achievements – from the NHS to the welfare state – they have made a lasting difference to the lives of people across the country. Over the past century, their mission is to be the Party of the many, not the few.
The Labour Party is looking to recruit two Stakeholder Officers to be based in Westminster, working for the Leader's Office. The Stakeholder Engagement Officer's role will be to build and hold relationships with 'mission critical' stakeholders in order to draw on stakeholder expertise. They will be required to build relationships with opinion formers, experts and high-profile stakeholders to support the leadership's agenda.
- Cultivate relationships with mission critical stakeholders, e.g. local government leaders, business leaders and potential endorsers and high profile supporters of Keir Starmer MP
- Support the Leader's office with research, monitoring, stakeholder mapping and stakeholder plans
- Develop a bank of case studies and high profile supporters which can be deployed where helpful
- Co-ordinate the rapid production and dissemination of messages to opinions formers and stakeholders on any issues that the Leader's Office needs to respond to
- Provide high-level strategic support and advice on the role of opinion formers on social media and in traditional media
- Provide co-ordinating capacity between the Digital Team, the Communications Team, and the Political Team in the Leader's Office
- Support the Political Team in the Leader's Office to build and maintain effective relationships with their key stakeholders and opinion formers
- Use in-depth research skills and a detailed and accurate knowledge and interpretation of Labour Party policies and messages to advise on the sustainability and consistency of content to be included in communications materials for the Leader of the Labour Party to deliver, and for Cabinet Members, PLP, opinion formers and stakeholders to deliver on his behalf
- Produce briefings for the Leader, Leader's Office and external stakeholders on a wide variety of topics relating to the Labour Party
- Draft online content, editorials, articles, briefings, statements and other written communications as required by the Labour Party
- Work collaboratively with the Stakeholders team in HQ to ensure effective working
- Realise the benefits of diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities and promoting the diverse needs of the public
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience of working with senior politicians and 'mission critical' stakeholders in a political office
- Experience of organising events and meetings
- Experience of building contacts and networks
- Experience of delivering high quality written and verbal briefings for senior politicians
- Knowledge of how to devise and implement a stakeholder strategy
- Knowledge and understanding of the aims and structure of The Labour Party
- Excellent knowledge of stakeholder concerns and priorities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal, organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work closely with politicians and staff fro across the Leader's office, the Labour Party and the Shadow Cabinet
- IT skills, including word-processing and data manipulation
- Commitment to the Labour Party's goals, values, policies and codes of conduct
- Commitment to passionately promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.