|Industry:||Government & Policy|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Fixed term contract until 28th May 2021 |
|Company:||The Labour Party|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/09/2020 - 23:00|
Social Listening and Organising Manager
Do you have experience as a social/digital strategist working in politics or campaigns? Well then look no further than this role...
The Labour Party is about people. It was formed to give ordinary people a voice and has sought power in order to improve their lives. Proud of their history and its achievements – from the NHS to the welfare state – they have made a lasting difference to the lives of people across the country. Over the past century, their mission is to be the Party of the many, not the few.
The Labour Party is looking to recruit a Social Listening and Organising Manager. You will help to move the social media listening framework of the party to be laser-focused on those they need to win over to form the next government. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to build networks online to amplify Labour's vision for the future to their key audiences. You will also help build and implement their earned media strategy into the May elections and into 2024.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to shift their online listening framework to focus on those they need to win over
- Measure and track sentiment across social media platforms
- Organise and lead an effective earned social media strategy
- Work closely with stakeholders to amplify positive narratives online around Labour's vision for the country
- Create rapid response content to react to unfolding events or narratives online
- Work closely with stakeholder teams both in the Leader's Office and HQ to develop relationships with key influencers
- Measure the effectiveness of owned content with the audiences they need to win using social media listening tools
- Challenge broadcast focused social media approach to focus on authentic, organic advocacy across the internet
- Combine machine learning and human analysis to map the social landscape of those they need to win over
- Lead on challenging disinformation online and empowering their leaders, members and supporters to be equipped to deal with it effectively
- Ensure key stakeholders are promptly and properly informed about key developments online
- Work closely with Digital and Social Media teams in HQ to ensure collaboration across projects
- Contribute to the wider social media strategy and content creation, as directed by the Head of Digital and Social Media Strategy - LOTO
- Carry out any other reasonable task as directed by the Head of Digital and Social Media Strategy - LOTO
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience as a social/digital strategist working in politics or campaigns
- Proven experience working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage conflicting work priorities
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work closely with politicians and staff from across the Leader's office, the Labour Party and the Shadow Cabinet
- The ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, organisational and project management skills
- IT skills, including word-processing and data manipulation
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to the Labour Party's goals, values, policies and codes of conduct
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.