|Salary or training bursary:|
9 months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||12/05/2021 - 23:10|
|Start date:||June onwards|
Passionate about theatre? Have a strong interest in production? This traineeship could be ideal for you.
Sheffield Theatres is a theatre complex in Sheffield made up of three theatres. The world-famous Crucible is a Sheffield landmark with a distinctive stage and a reputation for unforgettable productions. The Studio is an intimate, versatile space for getting even closer to the action. The beautiful Lyceum is a gleaming tradition proscenium arch theatre that hosts the best of the UK's touring shows.
Sheffield Theatres is seeking three trainees. This 9-month role will provide the Trainee with direct work experience in the Technical, Production and Stage Management teams alongside self-development activities through an ongoing portfolio. The Traineeship role is being provided due to a grant from Garfield Weston which is a yearlong city wide engagement project. Led by our artist development and outreach teams, working in seven areas of the city where need is greatest and engagement is least.
- To learn skills associated to roles in Technical, Production and Stage Management departments with learning goals for each department to follow.
- Alongside on the job learning the trainees will complete self-development activities through an ongoing portfolio that will last the duration of the traineeship (9 months)
Knowledge, skills, experience
- The aim of a traineeship is to help people gain the skills and experience they need to get an apprenticeship or job therefore an interest in developing a career in this industry will be required
- Ability to self-motivate and progress through self-development activities through an ongoing portfolio that will last the duration of the traineeship (9 months)
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted) and address to the 'Creative Access Recruitment Team'
- In your application, you must demonstrate a strong interest in the role and department you are applying for
- Please do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]eaccess.org.uk
Please note that you must be in commuting distance of Sheffield as the role will require office presence in due course.
This opportunity is open to applicants from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.