|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||18/04/2021 - 23:59|
Set Access: A UK Film Talent Development Programme
Do you work in film production? Are you from a community that is under-represented in the film industry? Do you want support to progress your career? If the answer to these three questions is YES, apply to join Creative Access and Guy Ritchie for this film Development Programme…
Creative Access in collaboration with film director, producer and writer Guy Ritchie, are running a Development Programme for emerging talent from under-represented communities in the film industry to progress their careers.
The programme aims to reach emerging talent who are already working in the film industry but want some support to help them progress to senior positions. It aims to support a talent pipeline and to ensure that those who don’t fit the creative industries norm get equal access to training, pay rises and promotions in order to reach senior levels within the industry. This cohort is specifically aimed at those working in the following areas of film production: Production, Post-Production, Screen-writing, Set Design or Costume. We will be recruiting mentees in other sectors in due course.
The programme will last a year and has three elements:
- Mentoring – Each individual will be matched with a senior professional who is achieving success in their desired career field, to meet with one to one on a monthly basis
- Masterclasses – A programme of monthly masterclasses focusing on both hard and soft skills led by industry leaders and role models
- Professional development training – Two practical, interactive workshops designed to help develop the confidence and skills to secure a successful freelance career in film.
You can read more about the Set Access programme here.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A genuine passion for film
- Some experience of working in the sector in either Production, Post-Production, Screen-writing, Set Design or Costume
- A willingness to engage positively with a mentor on a monthly basis for a minimum of six months
- A commitment to attend two sessions training sessions during the programme (will typically last three hours over a morning or afternoon)
- A proactive approach and attitude to attending monthly masterclasses
- Availability from start May 2021 to commence the programme
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as ONE document
- Complete the form in this link
- If you are successful in being accepted onto this programme, we will endeavour to identify a suitable mentor for you. However, this is not guaranteed and there is a chance we may not be able to find someone to meet your exact requirements.