|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Fourth Monkey Actor Training Company|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||04/12/2020 - 17:00|
Senior Training & Academic Services Officer
Are you a strong communicator with experience at management level? If you are passionate about supporting students in the acting sector, this could be the role for you...
Fourth Monkey is both a drama school and professional theatre production company. Established in the summer of 2010, it was the UK’s first ever repertory training company - inspired by luminaries such as Judi Dench and Derek Jacobi, who lamented the decline of the repertory scene; the scene where they learned some of the most important lessons of their trade. Their students in training get a very real sense of what it is to be an actor, throughout their training they live and work as part of a performing company, developing the emotional depth and personal resilience needed to succeed in the industry.
Fourth Monkey is recruiting a Senior Training & Academic Services Officer to join its dynamic core office team as part of their collaborative community of staff and students alike.
- Work within the North London training base to provide support to the Director of Training and Heads of Courses to ensure the smooth running and continual evolution of the school’s academic, programme and student support services
- Responsible for managing and administering the academic services within the charity’s drama school offering
- Be the point of contact for students seeking professional guidance and signposting on a range of issues, (both academic and personal)
- Provide key support and management in evolving internal processes and systems related to the smooth running of the academic team’s work, as well as to student services and support infrastructure
- Be experienced in supporting senior teaching and academic staff through the administration of programme and student information
- Be a primary academic point of contact for Fourth Monkey's academic partners whilst supporting the Director of Training and their team in the development of the programmes
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Have strong administration and communication skills to facilitate effective, professional guidance and signposting for students on a range of academic, welfare and personal issues
- Be confident and experienced in developing, implementing and improving internal systems and processes (with particular focus on Customer Relationship Management and Virtual Learning Environment systems)
- Be adept at working collaboratively, with the ability to multi-task, problem-solve and time-manage accordingly
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar or equivalent role to management level
- Previous experience working for a Higher Education institution or provider
- Have demonstrative abilities and high levels of attention to detail in reporting and administrative management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data privacy standards
- Excellent organisational skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.