|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Fixed term, until March 2022 |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/03/2021 - 23:59|
Senior Officer, Music Education Hub Support Programme
Do you have an understanding of music education? Are you a good team player? Don’t miss this exciting opportunity…
Arts Council is the national development agency for creativity and culture. They invest £250k per year in a Music Education Hub Support programme to support the organisational development of Music Education Hubs. Additional, temporary funding of £500k from Department for Education will support stabilisation activity and support for the Hub network from 2021.
Arts Council is looking for a Senior Officer. Working on a fixed-term basis, the successful candidate will support delivery of the Stabilisation and Support Programme and work with Music Education Hubs to undertake planning, strategic development and stakeholder management. This role is based in any Arts Council office with some travel potentially required.
- Act as a first point of contact for enquiries about the Programme
- Liaise with the music education and business support organisations commissioned to deliver this programme
- Collaborate with a pool of area based external consultants, supporting them to undertake an in-depth needs analysis and consultation with individual Hubs
- Set up grants and run procurement processes for the Programme, liaising as necessary with our management accountants and procurement colleagues
- Contribute to wider programme management activity, sharing analysis, intelligence and information with National team colleagues and the Programme’s working group
- Support the area Music Education Hub co-ordination role of Senior Relationship
- Managers, consulting with Relationship Managers, collating intelligence, and identifying and providing analysis of priority areas of risk and possible intervention
- Work with national and area colleagues to ensure the Music Education Hubs facing the most serious risks receive support and then create project briefs and support procurement processes where necessary
- Advise the Senior Manager, Stabilisation and Support Programme, National and Area team colleagues about possible future intervention and programme development based on your learning and experience
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of music education
- Experience of contributing to the development of complex programmes of activity
- Experience leading on consultation and needs analysis activity
- Experience building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience analysing and presenting information and intelligence, producing clear, succinct reports, and making recommendations
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and exercise effective judgement when organising, planning and managing complex tasks
- Ability to initiate work and perform according to self-imposed timetables
- Strong interpersonal skills, good team worker and the ability to communicate in a confident, clear and engaging manner
- Able to combine specialist knowledge and expertise with a flexibility and curiosity to work beyond that specialism to support the delivery of Arts Council's goals
- Have a good understanding of the Arts Council’s duty as a public body under current diversity legislation, the current equality, diversity and inclusion agenda and be committed to supporting equitable participation and progression in music for children and young people
- You may have experience you wish to build on that you have gained in organisational development and training
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.