|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/07/2020 - 23:00|
Senior Designer - Hachette Children's Group
Are you a middleweight designer who is ready to take the next step up, or a senior designer looking for a new opportunities? If so, keep scrolling...
Hachette Children’s Group (HCG) is one of the largest children’s publishers in the UK, with an excellent track record in creating bestselling and award-winning books for children of all ages, with baby and pre-school books, picture books, gift, fiction, non-fiction, series fiction, books for the school and library market and licensed publishing.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly creative and organised Senior Designer to join HCG to work on their baby and pre-school publishing (primarily focusing on the Pat-a-Cake imprint). The role will involve creating covers and interiors for novelty, and board books taking concepts through to final design, sourcing and commissioning illustrators. The role also allows for the involvement and opportunity to pitch or develop new ideas within a highly creative team.
- Designing books (covers and interiors) for the baby and pre-school market
- Designing novelty book, Board books, activity, sticker, picture books, and gift sets
- Managing scheduling of titles into production, meeting budgets and deadlines
- Working closely with the editors and Art Director in the development of new and existing titles, and taking books from concept through to print ready files
- Actively participating in Creative Meetings to explore new ideas
- Sourcing and commissioning illustrators
- Ensuring all design work accurately fulfils the brief
- Ensuring administration, including approvals and file management, is up-to-date and accurate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable passion for making fantastic books for this developmental age group
- Able to manage a busy workload
- Work well within a team
- Awareness of the Children's book market for this age group
- A love or understanding of simple novelty
- A passion for exploring new ideas
- Considerable expertise in cover and page layout design (Whilst visualising can sometimes be an component of this job this is not a role for a visualiser or illustrator)