|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/01/2021 - 23:59|
Senior Creative Designer
Are you great at developing a design idea from initial concept through to final artwork? If so, this opportunity could be yours...
Social are a team of smart strategic thinkers, disruptors and creatives. They are marketers, videographers, PR professionals and former journalists, web designers and social media strategists. Their team includes brand marketers and creators with track records proven in some of the UK’s biggest names – with global market reach. They work in partnership with their clients to build a powerful brand story that will take their business to the next level.
Their Manchester Office is looking for a talented Senior Creative Designer to join their close knit, in-house Creative team to work with some exciting clients and to support the growth of Social’s creative offering.
They are looking for someone with excellent creative skills and around 10 years agency experience, who’s been working in a similar role.
It’s important that you are a strong conceptual designer but are equally capable of developing a design idea from initial concept through to final artwork.
You’ll have a customer service mindset and be comfortable presenting your ideas both internally and directly to existing clients as well as leading the pitch process to help the team secure new business wins.
In return you’ll be given the responsibility to help develop the Design team including the mentoring of junior designers and be part of a growing team with opportunity for progression.
- Have eyes on all creative design projects to ensure high quality output
- Mentor, support and develop more junior members of the team
- Oversee creative design scheduling and workflow through the team
- Actively seek opportunities to grow design services, including potential new business opportunities
- Be conscious of project budgets across the team to ensure jobs are delivered on time and within budget
- Support the Head of Creative to ensure the commercial success and growth of the design function
- Be highly adaptable and versatile
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience in designing for both on and offline channels
- Excellent layout and typographical skills
- Attention to detail with a right first time mentality
- Problem solving attitude
- Personable approach, able to build strong working relationships with colleagues across different locations and with clients
- Excellent working knowledge of Creative Cloud (inc. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Knowledge of After Effects and XD would be desirable
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Commercial insight and experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Around 10 years’ agency experience
What they offer
- Competitive salary
- Support for flexible and remote working
- Thirty days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced sickness, compassionate, maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Pension scheme
- Support for volunteering
- Access to discretionary company bonus scheme
- Strong commitment to learning and development
- Regular team away days and socials
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.