|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Screen and Film School|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/08/2021 - 17:00|
Do you have excellent time management, prioritisation and customer service skills? Explore this role with a film school based in Manchester.
The Screen and Film School has spent the last 15 years turning passionate filmmakers into industry professionals. They are proud to be delivering industry-led courses that transition into employment. They’ve kick-started the careers of students into feature films, Netflix television series, documentaries, music videos, adverts, corporate work and promo videos. Not to mention other diverse areas such as screenwriting, directing, producing, camera, sound, editing, lighting, location management and many more!
The post holder will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the college and will have an important role in welcoming and responding to students and visitors’ queries and concerns. You will be required to support administrative teams in carrying out day-to-day tasks as required. This is a varied and challenging role which will require excellent time management, prioritisation and customer service skills.
- Primary responsibility for the smooth running of the reception function
- Greeting and welcoming visitors, ensuring they sign the visitors book and notifying the relevant member of staff of their arrival
- Dealing with student, staff and visitor queries at the reception desk
- Answering all incoming calls and redirecting them as appropriate
- Maintaining and monitoring voicemail system; checking for an appropriate voicemail recording, and ensuring all messages and queries are directed to the relevant staff member for response
- Undertake general clerical duties; printing, photocopying, filing, and maintaining diaries
- Input, access and maintain files and records contained in the computer data systems used as necessary and in compliance with GDPR
- Manage general filing and archiving
- Assisting Head of Student Services where necessary with department function
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Commitment to delivering a high quality of customer service
- Able to prioritise and self-manage workload
- Able to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive data
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Excel and Word
- Experience of working in Education
- High level of accuracy in data inputting
- Excellent personal presentation
- Excellent timekeeping and time management
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.