|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/01/2021 - 23:59|
Sales Executive: Supply Chain and Audio, Hachette UK
Are you ready to take the next step in your publishing career? Don't miss this exciting opportunity in the digital and sales team at a leading publishing group...
Hachette UK is a leading publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. Hachette UK is owned by Hachette Livre, the world’s second largest trade and educational publisher, and also has subsidiaries in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and India as well as working closely with their sister company in the USA, Hachette Book Group. The digital and online sales team works across the trade publishers, Headline, Hodder & Stoughton, John Murray Press, Quercus, Bookouture, Little, Brown, Orion, Hachette Children's Group and Octopus, covering sales across all formats to digital and online customers.
Hachette is looking for an exceptional Sales Executive to join the digital and online sales team, working across the Hachette trade publishers to help maximise their sales. This is a varied role, working across two key areas of the business: supply chain and audio sales. Due to the different aspects of the role, you should be enthusiastic about audio publishing, and also about forecasting and the supply of physical stock. In addition, you will be keen to be part of a busy and successful online and digital sales team.
- Work closely on the supply chain to be sure that the titles are available from key retailers at the right levels. This will be achieved through good communication with the warehouse and customers, as well as internal contacts and teams
- Support audio sales across the divisions, focussed on maximising opportunities with key retailers and driving this growth area of the business
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Someone eager to move on in their publishing career, with a particular interest in physical online and digital audio sales
- A very close attention to detail and an ability to use data in order to ensure that Hachette is maximising opportunities
- Be a great team player able to balance and prioritise a busy and varied set of tasks across two key areas of the business
- Sales and/or stock management experience is helpful, and it would be a plus if you have experience using Amazon Vendor Central
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and ideally have some experience with data analysis
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.